Business card marketing is a simple marketing strategy that has been proven to attract new customers and generate sales. It is a very affordable marketing technique. Yet, many Etsy sellers never use a business card to promote their shop. These sellers make the dreadful mistake of relying solely on search engine optimization and the built-in traffic of the marketplace for traffic.
Relying solely on Etsy for your customers is a huge mistake and can lead to a dead shop (i.e a shop with very little or no traffic). If you really want your shop to be successful and to consistently generate sales, you need to promote your shop in a variety of ways on and offline.
Unlike some other marketing strategies, handing out business cards isn’t complicated and it is something you can easily do as you go about your everyday business. You don’t have to be a marketing guru or learn a complex process to put your business cards to work.
5 Ways To Put Your Business Card To Work That You Can Start Doing Today
- Include a few business cards in every package you ship to a customer. Loyal, happy customers are likely to recommend your shop to their family and friends. A business card will make it easy for them to direct someone to your shop.
- Supply your supportive family and friends with a few business cards to use when they meet someone who could potentially love your shop.
- Hand out business cards as you go about your daily life. Casually introduce yourself or strike up a conversation with a person and build a little rapport before you give them a card.
- Keep a stack of business cards on your craft show table and make sure that everyone that visits your booth walks away with at least one card. If they showed interest in an item displayed in your booth, write the name of it on the back of the card and encourage them to visit your shop to see more variations of that item.
- Attend networking events and exchange business cards with other business owners. The person you exchange business cards with may not be a good fit for your products, but they may be able to recommend you to someone they know or meet later.
Make People Want To Keep Your Business Card
It is true that some people will throw your business cards away. But there are techniques you can use that will make them want to hang on to it.
- Use a professional business card that has a creative design and uses color. People tend to hang on to eye-catching business cards printed in color than they do black and white ones.
- Include a promotional coupon code that allows them to receive a discount or a free gift when a purchase is made.
- Add a professional photo of yourself or your most popular item to your business card. This technique will help you make a memorable impression.
- When including your business card in packages you ship to your customers, write a special thank you note on the back. This personal touch shows you genuinely care and will make your customer feel special and increases the likelihood they will tell a friend about your kindness.
Now that you have learned how to put your business card to work for your Etsy shop and a few techniques to make people want to keep your business card handy, it is time for you to act. Make a list of all the people you need to supply with your business cards. The next time you see them have your business cards ready.