Black Friday is only 16 days away! Have you prepared your Etsy store or online shop? Even though time is quickly running out, you still have a few days to plan and prepare.
Black Friday is one of the biggest shopping days here in the United States. It is the day after Thanksgiving when stores offer early bird specials, huge sales and massive discounts to attract shoppers. On the night or day before, it is not unusual to see customers camping out in front of stores or long lines forming in anticipation of the start of the mega sales.
With the ease and convenience of online shopping, more and more people are turning to the internet to do their Black Friday shopping. To take advantage of this tremendous opportunity for making sales, it is important to plan and prepare ahead of the big day.
Before you plan your actual Black Friday sale, it is important to first prepare your store. Here are a few important elements your online store should have:
- A clear return policy. Shoppers are more likely to buy from stores that have a clear and easy return policy.
- Accurate, clear shipping times and if possible provide tracking. It should be easy for customers to know when their orders will be shipped and an estimated time of arrival for their packages. Notice I used the word “estimated”. Once you place a package in the hands of a shipping company it is out of your control and you must totally rely on that company to deliver in a timely manner. You can’t guarantee that a package will be delivered on an actual date. Also take into account that it is the holiday and winter season so there may be some unexpected delays due to the volume of items being shipped and weather. (Don’t forget to stock up on packaging and shipping supplies. You don’t want a lack of supplies to cause a delay in getting your packages in the mail.)
- Holiday themed graphics to announce your sales and specials on your site.
Now that you have your store in order, it is time to prepare and plan your Black Friday sale. Below are two great reads that I highly recommend. Both give awesome, easy to follow tips to help you have a successful Black Friday sale!
- The 26-Point Checklist to Prepare Your Store for Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- 8 Awesome Black Friday Email Campaigns You Can Steal This Holiday Season