Take great photos of your items! If you ask any successful Etsy seller, they will surely tell you having pretty photos is a must. Having a photo with improper lighting or a cluttered, dirty background will be a big turnoff to your potential buyers and may cost you many sales.
Pretty photos make your items stand out in Etsy’s search and entice people to click and learn more about your item. Having great photos can help you become noticed by sellers who create Etsy treasuries and bloggers as well as help you get spotted by the media.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to be a professional photographer or hire one in order to have great photos. You don’t even have to buy fancy or expensive photo equipment. In fact it is possible to use your smartphone to takes great photos.
Here are 3 simple tips to keep in mind when taking your product photos:
- Keep your photos simple. Use a simple, clean white or neutral color background that will not distract from your item.
- Use proper lighting. Natural lighting is awesome for taking fabulous photos.
- Take your photos from different angles and include close ups.
Above all, be patient with yourself and keep working to improve your photos. The more photos you take, the better you will become.
Get more simple, yet effective tips for taking amazing photos:
- Top Tips for Smartphone Photography
- 4 Essential Product Shots for Your Etsy Listings
- 6 Tips for Perfecting Small-Product Photography
- Product Photography for Beginners
Would you like to be notified when new Etsy Pro Tips are published? Make sure to subscribe to my blog.